Tuesday, August 20, 2013

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Hannah Degn <hannah.degn@myldsmail.net> wrote:
AHHH!! HI!! How is everyone doing!?! Well tuesday will be my p-day for the rest of my stay here at the ccm. esta bien. Every week my time will be different though because it depends on your temple schedule-- we are doing to the temple after this and I am so excited!! Also lo cien but no pictures yet because we can only take them on p-days and today is my first one obvi. Anyways this past week has been insane!! I feel like I´´ve already been here for 18 months. The CCM is like its own world, sometimes i forget I´´m in peru.... but then we have lunch or dinner and I remember. RICE on rice on rice. Its actually pretty good food. Execpt there are tons of bones in the chicken noodle soup which I still get a lot, and I´´m pretty sure i´´ve already eaten guinea pig. nbd. My favorite thing is the tea. I drink tea at least twice a day. Its pretty good. Not that i totally love it but its warm and fills me up..... Well basically every day we get up at 6:30 and head down to desayuno at 7:15. Then we study at 8 until class that starts around ten. we have class until lunch then more studying, phys ed, and class again at night until and also after dinner. We have schedules that have every minute of our life planned out and then at 9.30 we head up to our rooms. Hna. Blotter and I share our rooom with hna Phillipy and hna Romney. I love them! They are both super awesome. Hna Blotter is so great too. She is super funny.
Zach make sure that you decide what kind of a missionary you want to be before you leave. There is so much here that is figure it out for yourself and you will only get what you put into it. Make sure you are always working hard and staying focused when you are on your own to study. There are a lot of times when its easy to do something else but stay strong and focused because that is what is most important. Know what kind of missionary you will be before you get to Buenas Aires-! Also bring hangers, turns out they don´´t provide them so I am still living out of a suitcase becuase I have one shelf and one drawer- But we are going to the market to day so hopefully I can buy some there. Also they give you spanish scriptures and pme so just make sure you bring your own english ones. Also I brought my little english pme which turned out to be the best decision because the spanish one is big so its nice to have the little one to help translate.
Zach just know that the ccm is hard. I feel like I´´ve been here for a year. Time moves different but its still the best. Just be prepared to work hard and know that your first week/few days isn´´t going to be that awesome. Also you should try to read the BoM while you are in the MTC! If you read 28 pages a day you will finish in three weeks and then you can read the NT or something. Right now I am in Mosiah and am loving it. I can´´t wait until I can read it in Spanish. Also don´´t stress about the language and all that. It will come. and when you get into the field you will have a latin companion who won´´t know a lick of english and they can help take care of you as well.
Well this past week really has been great. I love my district. There are six hnas and six elderes. There are two hnas in our district that I especially love and they live on our floor which is awesome. We have a lot of fun together. Anyways I´´ve been praying that Heavenly Father will help me feel more love towards those around me and its definitely helped with my district. There are also a lot of other awesome hnas here that I love. Some of my friends are here from BYU. Hna Bunker!! She is great so its been fun to see a familiar face and hna Lyon leaves next week for Boliva but we have a pretty good Bingham representation here.
Well Bells I heard you lost a tooth, congrats! That´´s pretty cool! You should send me a picture. Also if you can you should try to send me american stamps. (z make sure you take some) because we send mail through the pouch here. You guys have to send it without envelopes so be creative? because you are also not allowed to send packages while in the MTC. but my pouch address is
Hermana Hannah Degn
Peru LIma West Mission
Peru MTC
Centro de Capacitalion Missional
AV Melgarejo 159 Urb Campo
Verde, La Molina, Lima 12 Peru
Also you can do dear elder if you select the Peru mtc. Anyways this week should be awesome. The CCM is kinda like middle school and we are the seventh graders. Literally you have no idea how true that is. But now we are not quite the newbies and President Cook is coming this weekend!! YAY!
Anyways I need to go love you all so so so so much!! Thanks for all the emails that totally made my day. Seriously P-day is like Christmas and it comes every week!! #winning. I cannot wait to take a nap this afternoon. Also Zach this quote has helped me so much this week: "The lord calls us in our weakness, but qualifies us for his work"- Jose Smith. Good luck with everything this week!!! Getting Set apart was the best feeling in the world! I can´´t wait to hear all about your ccm and mission stories! just write mom first hahahaha
I love and miss you guys sooooooo much!!!
con mucho amor,
Hermana Degn
P.S. Short hair is also the best because it doesn´´ cover up my nametag. Even though i miss my buns. Now they are just lame and tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment