Monday, January 20, 2014

Keepin on Keepin on...


Well, Utah is looking real cold. So, you will all be so glad to know that peru is just as hot as ever. #sweatingeveryday. But seriously don't worry I'm drinking a lot a lot a lot of water. So this week was rad. Basically a perfect example of all the ups and downs. We had a multi-zona this week. (my first) and I had a joyous reunion with Hermana Morgan. It was basically like I turned into a teenage girl meeting one direction backstage. The poor elders really were mortified. bless them. Although they also haven't stopped making fun of me. Well the multi-zona was refreshing. We talked a LOT about families! And the importance it is to find them. Pres. Archibald also did a little slide show of all these cars that have the stickers like the christensen's. Let's just say that the biggest family here is maybe five, but it was an intertaining presentation. And now i'm on the hunt to find those fams. although seriously the whole time i was just thinking of the christensen's van and wishing that they weren't members and lived in peru. Which obviously ins't the best thinking. Ha, but we're on the PROWL now. (just throwing in the sojo middle school pride nbd)

Right, so I realize that my mail goal in my emails is to go for the hilarity factor. Which i crack myself up while i'm writing but bear with me asI get a little bit serious- This week we've really been pushing with Nestor and Betha and their family. Well, they had a lot of hard stuff go down and they called us. Basically the only thing we could do was teach them about the comfort of the Holy ghost and how the church really can help them. It was really a humbling experience that they trusted us enough to call us and man. At the end of our lesson Nestor looked at us and asked us what he had to do to be like the bishop. OH MY GOSH! basically I just started crying. It was like a miracle. Seriously we have been working with this family since my first day in this area. And now they get it. They get what the gospel is for and I felt so much joy in this moment. It was the first time in my whole life that I have ever felt so happy. But I did. There just aren't even words to describe that moment. Basically every hard time was worth it for that glimpse into the future. To see this family who have struggled with so many problems, who got baptized before they got married (um hellO? yeah that happens here), and who would never let us in, change. They have had the ´mighty change of heart' that Alma talks about. Basically Rod and I left their house on cloud nine. We were just laughing and crying as we ran to the chapel for our next cita. But I get it now. I get why their are so many high highs and low lows. Because the high, is pure joy. I felt joy. And it made everything else so worth it- the past five months knocking on their door was absolutely worth it- For the joy that I felt in that moment-

Anyways, joy is a pretty cool feeling. I highly recommend it- My other low low this week is I maybe somehow swallowed some water that hadn't been boiled(??) and lets just say I also had an afternoon where I dropped like two pounds. #notthedietihadinmind But i'm good now so we're all good. Although being sick without your mom even knowing, no pinterest, no disney, and no instagram is harder than I thought. The good news is I got better before p-day. hahaha i{m terrible i know. well this week was a riot, made brownies, lost wieght, did normal missionary things. And that's whats its about- Now i'm just keeping on keeping on, and loving it. So in the words of glozell, peace and blessings, peace and blessings!

 love,
Hannah

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment