Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My beautiful missionary...Hermana Degn

Hi, this is Hannah's mom.  I have been updating Hannah's blog while she has been serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Lima, Peru.  I don't typically write any of my own thoughts, but I just wanted to leave a last little message.

I am so full of thoughts and emotions as I anticipate Hannah's return.  Hannah's service as a full time missionary has been such a great blessing for our family.  I know Hannah has also been so blessed.  I have seen such beautiful growth in her testimony.  Her President asked if she was glad she served a mission and her answer was wholeheartedly, "YES!"  The quote from President Ezra Taft Benson keeps coming to my mind, "Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can.  He can deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, and pour out peace."  I know this statement to be true and I am so proud of Hannah for turning her life over to God and serving him so valiantly over the last year and a half.

If there is anyone reading this who may be contemplating serving a mission I would say "DO IT!"  Hannah has loved it.  It has been hard, uplifting and rewarding.  I know she is a better person because of her mission.

I love Hermana Degn and I love the way she has grown to love the people of Peru.  They will be in our hearts forever.  I am proud she will return with honor for a mission well served.




1 comment:

  1. We love you and your family! Thanks so much for sharing this glimpse into Hannah's life and service. What an amazing daughter you have raised!

    ReplyDelete